Sonntag, 12. Oktober 2014

Chapter 7:
Use of dissolvable "fabrics":

I have used different sorts of dissolvable fabrics. The shrinking process varies one by one "fabric".


Picture 62:
8 small patches using different machine stitches. I have used your numbers from 1 to 14 for my little exercises.
Exercise 1: 1-8-15
Exercise 2: 2-4-5
Exercise 3: 2-8-6-3
Exercise 4: 2-3-6-15
Exercise 5: 2-4-6-8
Exercise 6: 2-3-7-12
Exercise 7: 2-5-13
Exercise 8: 2-3-7
As you can see the results are very different- sometimes better, sometimes less.






Soluble lace samples based on sea and my drawings:
Picture 63:
I worked with different types of yearns also to create reflections (metallic yearn) in long zig-zag lines with straight stitches.



Picture 64:
I used for this sample adhesive Wash-Away. I layed thick yearn on adhesive surface and I covered with a second layer dissolvable fabric. I sewed over this grid to get a connection with the yearns.



Picture 65:
I used the same technic, but I used strips of organza and I connected these strips with sewing circles.



Picture 66:
I created dots to illustrate bubbles of air in the water.




Picture 67:
To get short and long wavy lines  I used straight stitches and I put these together with a small zig-zag stitch.




 
Picture 68:
For this sample I have used a twin needle and wipstitch. The swirles are not good recognizable, because I missed the cross points and after I have dissolve  these pieces fell apart.



Picture 69:
After this disappointing result I needed a success. I painted a paper and made a stemp in ammonite shape. This form has a long history and I find this shape very beautiful. I stemped on my paper and sewed on dissolvable fabric. I cut out the ammonite shape to create this paper.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen